Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

30 April 2018

JoFY Bingo Wk.11

Hello - welcome back to JoFY Bingo after a bit of an unscheduled (and unexpected) break in the game!

Week 11 brings us gardening and boys.... hhhmmm... a tricky one because back in Week 2 (HERE) I used the big beach hut with flowers so I didn't really want to visit that again - though I do still think that the boy would look fab dressed up as a gardener! (feel free to try that for yourselves...)

I LOVE looking through gardening catalogues! The variety of flowers - their shapes and colours and the combinations when put together are stunning! Sigh... oh to have a garden like that!
So I used this weeks stamps to create a journal page featuring one of the lovely photographs from the RHS catalogue...



I wanted this to be a relaxed loose journal page - I 'planned' to use splashes of paint, scribbled handwriting and painted edges around the photo...

I painted the background in greens to tone in with the leaves in the photograph - Magic Moss & Tinned Peas mixed with Chalk towards the outside edges. I added strips of washi tape and stamped flowers over the top of these to create layers and 'tie' them to the background.

I glued the photograph onto the page...

I stamped small stems in the bottom right hand corner (Black Archival ink), and added pencil scribbles to the corners of the photo to define the edges more.

I added a small strip of washi tape and stamped the small tools from JM43 along it. I also wiped Amethyst & Bougainvillea paint around the edges of the page and scibbled pencil lines to create a 'border'.

I painted patches of Bougainvillea and Amethyst on to Smoothy card and stamped on a couple of flowers (JOFY24), I stamped the leaf stem onto green painted card too - cut them out and added them to the page.

I think more of the photos from gardening catalogues are going to find their way on to my journal spreads.. and some of the plants may even end up in my garden!!  fingers crossed!

Thanks for stopping by!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig